Why Let Through Us?
Are you a homeowner looking to rent your property, maybe a seller who can’t sell but needs to move, or perhaps you are an investment landlord with a Buy to Let portfolio?
No matter how small or large your rental requirements are, Farrow & Farrow will help you rent your property and have different tailored solutions to best fit your requirements.
All our lettings packages include:
- Brochures, Board, Advertising, Tenancy Agreement, Viewings, Photos & Inventory
- Clear, all-inclusive charges & free landlord advice if required
What Does Our Management Service Include?
Our Managed Lettings service provides the peace of mind & reassurance that every landlord deserves & should expect from a professional Letting Agent.
Farrow & Farrow have taken positive steps to ensure that our letting service gives the utmost security for landlords & tenants alike, is fully compliant with current legislation, but still provides excellent value for money and outstanding customer service.
As part of our Managed Lettings service, Farrow & Farrow would be the first port of call for your tenants should any issues arise. Furthermore, you can be confident that we will act professionally & in your best interests at all times, effectively protecting your property and your assets.
Two key managed lettings features are:
- We help to protect your managed money, with a client bank account & a Government backed Deposit Protections Scheme.
- Tenant referencing, giving you confidence we are seeking the best tenant for you & protecting your investment, while ultimately, you always have the final word on tenant selection for your property.
What If I Want To Manage My Property Myself?
If you prefer to look after your letting yourself, then our Non-Management Service could be ideal for you.
In this case, we would provide you with the same full advertising coverage as with our managed lets, as well as tenant referencing, inventory & photographs, plus tenancy agreement documentation.
What Letting Advice Do We Have for All Landlords?
Landlords should be aware that in all cases, the property you are letting must have:
- An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- An Annual Landlord Gas Appliance Safety Certificate
- Safe Electrical Appliances & Supply – testing advised if any doubt
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms (if required)
- Fire Safety Provisions – including adequate Smoke / Heat Alarms & Compliant Furnishings (where provided)
General Property Condition
We believe that every property we take on, under either our managed or non-managed lettings service, should be of a sufficient standard and in a good state of repair.
As a general rule of thumb, landlords should consider whether their property is in a condition which they themselves would be happy to live in. Our lettings appraisals are free for all landlords and can include advice and recommendations should you require this service, highlighting any issues which may be immediately apparent.
So, if you have any questions about what Farrow & Farrow can do for you as a landlord, simply get in touch today & we’ll be happy to guide or advise you appropriately.
Our Clear, Transparent & Reasonable Fees For Landlords
- Tenant Find Only service, including marketing and tenancy documentation:- £400+vat
- Managed Letting service – Setup fee:- £400+vat with 10%+vat of the monthly rental as an ongoing management fee
- Landlord Gas Safety Certificates can be arranged for you through our Gas Safe registered engineers:- £75+vat
- Energy Performance Certificates can be arranged for you where required:- £75+vat
- Electrical Inspection Reports can be arranged for you where required:- £125+vat
- Prepare & Serve Section 21 Notice To Quit:- £50+vat
So, if you have any questions about what Farrow & Farrow can do for you as a landlord, simply get in touch today & we’ll be happy to guide or advise you.
What Is Our Application Process?
After viewing a property, you will need to complete an application through an online weblink. To do this, we will need the full name, mobile number and email address for each tenant aged 18 and over.
We will then take instruction from the property’s Landlord based on the content of your completed application(s) to give us permission to proceed. We will then ask you for your application fees.
Our referencing company will conduct a credit check, bank account validation, affordability and previous landlord checks. They may need to ask you for further evidence to complete this, depending on the responses they receive and the content of your application, so this MUST be completed fully and honestly.
What Are My Responsibilities As A Tenant?
You MUST make all your rent payments in full and on time. It is your responsibility to maintain the property as would reasonably be expected. For example, this includes adequately heating and ventilating the property to prevent issues with condensation or damp. You must not damage the property and any accidental damage must be reported and rectified immediately. You should keep the property clean and tidy and this also includes any outside spaces such as gardens or balconies, which must also be well kept and maintained. Any appliances should also be kept clean. You must not keep any animals at the property which are not specifically agreed in writing, within your tenancy agreement, at the time of signing. If you are in any doubt, please refer to your tenancy agreement and email us for clarification in writing. Failing to adhere to meet your responsibilities as a tenant will result in deduction(s) from your deposit.
Can I Make Changes To The Property?
Any decorating, lock changes, addition or removal of items fixed to walls / ceilings or light fittings for example, MUST be approved before it goes ahead. If you are in any doubt, please refer to your tenancy agreement and email us for clarification in writing. Failing to follow this procedure may result in deduction(s) from your deposit.
What Happens With My Deposit?
Your deposit is lodged in an approved scheme, to be returned subject to you having met your responsibilities under the tenancy agreement, (see “What Are My Responsibilities As A Tenant” above).
Our Clear, Transparent & Reasonable Fees For Tenants
We are proud to say that our fees for tenants are and always have been, clear, transparent and reasonable. The fees we charge are:
- Tenant applications are currently £100 per single tenant aged 18 and over, or £150 for a couple / joint application and £75 per subsequent applicant.
- Guarantor applications, where required, are £50 per guarantor.
- Tenancy renewal – £30.